Hawker Hunter T7A - WV318 (G-FFOX)
Hunter T.7A, WV318 (now G-FFOX) was originally built as an F.4 variant and delivered to 5MU at RAF Kemble in June 1955.
The aircraft was operated by both 14 and 93 Squadron, before a minor accident in March 1956 saw her return to Hawkers for repair, where it was decided to convert the jet to a T.7 trainer. WV318 was back with the RAF by June 1959 and went on to serve with the famous 111 Squadron, and the Central Flying School, before undergoing conversion to T.7A, in 1964.
After use as a training aircraft and squadron hack, WV318 then saw service as a trainer for 12, XV and 16 Squadron, all Buccaneer units, ending her service career with 208 Squadron at RAF Lossiemouth.
She was one of the final remaining Hawker Hunters to serve with the RAF and, prior to retirement, in order to to commemorate 40 years of the Hawker Hunter, was painted black with 111 Squadron markings and the legendary Black Arrows' crest.
She was acquired by Delta Jets and was flown to Kemble for a complete overhaul, flying once again in May 1996. Since that time she has been a relatively frequent sight on the airshow circuit and was overhauled once more in 2006.
In 2011 she was a purchase which saw the Hunter Flight Academy come in to being.
Engine: Rolls Royce Avon Mk.122 (R.A.21) turbojet
Power: 8000lb thrust
Wing span: 33ft 8in
Length: 48ft 10.5in
Height: 13ft 2in
Empty Weight: 13,360lb
Maximum Weight: 17,200lb
Max Speed: 694mph at sea level; Mach 0.92 at 36,000ft;
Climb rate: 12.5 minutes to 45,000 feet
Service Ceiling: 47,000ft
Range: 1,900 miles with tanks
Bomb-load: Capable of carrying stores on four under-wing pylons